Monday, August 31, 2009

Perhentian-part 1

It was 10.45pm and I was infront of the computer waiting for the Wongs to come while the Liews and my family went out for hokkien mee supper before we start our journey. I was too overwelmed with joy and happiness (my results) that I dont feel hungry at all..It was scary as I was smiling all the time-kinda freak auyong and grace off when I have tuition with them- they might be thinking-whats wrong with Amy?? Smiling her way through the whole tuition like some kind of pyscho..=P.. The van came around 11.15pm and we were introduced to our driver- nicholas aka nicky.. The journey from 11.15-7am was hard to deal with.. you see..as youngsters in the group, we are impliedly required to sit at the back of the van-the most uncomfortable and bumpy place..so Ivan, me and Angie sat at the back.. Let me explain why is the journey hard to deal with 1) It was very bumpy at the back-everytime we cross a bump, our arse flies up and hit down hard. 2) The driver Nicky is a fan of old chinese songs- we hear em all the way..=( 3) I was too short and couldn't find a right position to sleep 4) The seats are all 90 degree and couldn't be adjusted..we were like sleeping zombies!!lolz 5) It was pitch dark outside-no scenery to view at all I was jealous when I saw Angie snooze off just like that..luckily Ivan was unable to sleep too..so we chit chatted for some time and eventually force ourselves to sleep.. We (the whole group) didnt get much sleep the whole night!! We reached Besut Jetty-Kelantan at approximately 7am..just in time to see the sunrise.. Had our breakfast at some old chinese kopitiam near the jetty...bread and nasi lemak..milo and coffee.. We are all looking exhausted after the night travel. Ivan went and chase some chicken like a typical city boy..poor boy..chasing chicken seems so fun for him.. Not long after that, we say good-bye to Nicky and we took our luggages to the port..*took a few pics* Nasir (our tour guide) was there waiting for us..he is a short man with dark skin and a big tummy..reminds me of my secondary school teacher. He greeted us with a huge friendly smile and helped us get our stuff into the speed bot.. He welcome us with a short speech that goes like this Pertama sekali, saya ingin mengucapkan Selamat Datang ke Besut dan saya harap kalian dapat menikmati keindahan di sini. Sekarang kami akan bertolak ke pulau perhentian yang terletak lebih kurang 20km dari sini dan memakan masa setengah jam..*everybody-oohhh....arrrr...* Then the bot started to speed up and I started to feel the salty wind beating against my face..I closed my eyes and the fresh smell of sea water relaxed my whole body..It robbed away my tiredness, together with all my anxieties.. I imagine the scenery in my mind and opened my eyes..then I realised that the reality was so much better than my imagination.. I saw little islands popping their heads out from the water..islands with no beaches.. I saw fisherman boats from afar, all busy with their daily routine.. I saw the horizon...so peaceful and calm.. I close my eyes again..this time listening to the noise of the speed bot, the sound of the beating wind and the chit chatting laughers in the bot.. I thanked God for this trip and the time I get to spend with my family.. Reached Arwana resort and checked into our rooms.. My mum gave me the honour to choose to either have the pool view room or the forest view room..acting smart, I choose the pool view room..only to regret later that it was so small and it was the oldest part of the resort..there were cracks on the wall and the lights were dim.. Me and angie were so tired, we didnt really bother about the surroundings..placed our luggages by the side and dropped our heavy bodies into our queen size bed..the next thing I know..there was someone knocking on our door. I woke up and Popo was outside..she said the rooms with the forest view were much bigger and they have triple sharing..so Aunt Kim Pin, who was suppose to sleep with Popo went and slept with her family-Uncle Albert and Beatrice. Me and Angie moved up and slept with Popo.. Indeed, the new room we got was so clean and nice..The batik frame in the room was my favourite.=) We rested for a while more and changed into our swimwear..awaiting to jump into the open sea and swim all the fishes!!!=) Nasir brought us to 3 spots around perhentian kecil and 1 spot in perhentian besar.. The first spot we went was the best!!!I was there 6 years ago when I was 16..together with my Bandaraya friends..=)It does bring back memories..Miss them alot. I took my lumix with me and snapped pictures here and there...the water was baby blue at shallow areas, turquoise in deeper water and darker blue in much deeper water.. When the boat stopped at our snorkelling site, the first to jump into the water was none other than my brother..straight from the boat..Nasir was like "ooi..siapa tu yang terjun?"..lolz Popo was scared and stayed on the boat..I was busy snapping pictures and was the last to go down. Everyone was so excited...they all go like.."hou leng ar..hou leng ar!!"(very pretty in cantonese) When I was down in the water...I was as though in another world..so many kind of fishes just centimeters away from me..looking at me like I'm some kind of alien..=P They have different colours and different sizes..dont ask me their names!!!Its too many to name them one by one..there were colourful clams and lively corals..all with their own uniqueness..reflecting God's awesome creation!!! Ohya..and there's squid too!!transparent sotongs..hahaha the 2nd spot was to see green turtle..according to Angie who volunteered for WWF.. there's 4 types fo turtle in Malaysia 1) Leatherback 2)Olives Ridley 3)Hawk Bill and 4) Green turtle (paling banyak) The place we went was to see green turtle..but unfortunately the water was too "keruh" and nasir said we have to come back the next day...*sad* The 3rd spot was another snorkelling site..it was not as good as the 1st one but this time Popo went down into the water..Me and Angie pulled Popo on a float out into the sea..Angie swimming infront pulling the string and me pushing by the side..and Popo went like "hou leng ar, hou leng hou leng"..but when we reach deeper parts with alot of corals just meters away form our feet..Popo went from hou leng to "hou gang ar..hou gang ar" (very scared in cantonese).. So Nasir came and pull Popo back to the speedbot.. Mum and aunty Ivy were scared too..they swim near the boat and dare not swim further where the beautiful corals were..So Nasir dragged my mum out and Uncle Anthony dragged Aunty Ivy out..=).. The suddenly Nasir shouted "eh, siapa tu renang banyak jauh??" Indeed, there was one who swim very far to our left and one very far to our right.. Guess who were they?? My dad and my brother-like father like son!! The 4th spot was near to our resort..where there was cold spring water-ever flowing from rocks and stones!! The water was so cold and chilling..it was like water in the midst of a desert!! We bath ourselves with the water, washing away all the salty sea water... Then we went back to the resort to bath and have our lunch. Me and Angie managed to nap some pictures when the sun was right above our head-the effect was so damn nice!!clear blue skies and the sea with different shade of blue..*check fb for pictures* Food was okie-Malay food..I ate alot of fish and fresh salad..been trying hard to eat healthy since the health talk.=) after lunch..all of us went back to our respective rooms and slept.. When I woke up..it was already 7pm..dinner time!!! It rained at night so we didnt get to walk on the beach.=( When back to our room and the boys came over for a game of cards..chor dai di!! We ended up having heart to heart sharing among ourselves..just the four of us-Ivan, me, Wenn Hong and Angie..it was great!!*popo was sound asleep* We chatted for almost 2 hours and the boys went back to their room. Angie slept right away once the boys left while I tossed around, thinking and reflecting our conversation until I slept... ~to be continue~

No comments:

Post a Comment