Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blessed day for the Fongs

Karen's Big day
I'm already feeling kinda sick repeating what I did in the morning...ya ya ya..tuition!!! Did revision with my student on Geography and nag him for almost 15 minutes about why he should put effort in his studies, do constant revision..he was nodding his head vigorously in respond but I'm not sure whether he's disgesting what i said or it was just mere ignorance..well, that's all i can do...
this is what I always tell my younger students..
This battle is yours, not mine..I can only sharpen your sword and spear, give you strategics and technics of attacking..but in the end YOU are going to war, not me. So if you don't do your part, not matter how much I want to help, I just can't.
Another famous saying of mine-there's no free lunch in this world!!!
In the afternoon after I've sent my student-shen to school, went down to petaling street to collect flowers for karen's convocation as well as for pixie (bc's buddy).
Feeling like a queen, holding two bouquet of flowers, each with one dozen roses-one in white and another in pink..nicely wrapped with colourful wrappers..feeling appreciated and perky...well, this happy bubble pops by itself after 5 seconds when reality hits me hard-for goodness sake amy, those are not for you..hahahaha..but I manage to cheat a few envy glances from girls walking pass me!!
so whats with girls and flowers???
best way to describe it would be whats with boys and football then??
...unexplainable!!
Drove to Aunt Glenise's place and saw karen, shuan and aunt glenise..karen wore a royal purple dress with black tights..she looks gorgeous with her make-up and newly done perms..all grown up and really to receive her crown of knowledge..she is always the smartest among us cousins..the one who have the brains..so..today is a very special day for her and her family..especially my aunt glenise who raised her up with her own bare hands..iron woman is she!!!bravo bravo..I'm sure she is the most joyful person on earth todayyy...
The best way to show your love for someone is to be there for her...to share her happiness and sadness..her anxiety and suffering..today..I'm a happy girl because I witness great joy in karen's success..degree holder in music..I'm sharing her BIG DAY!!its awesome..
despite the heat, the sweat, the crowded hall, the jam roads and latefor tuition at night...it was all worthwhile when I saw her in her robe!!!See how fast we've grown..see how time flies..from playing barbie dolls till talking bout hot guys and sharing secrets...here she is...first to get a degree, first to get married.
See how God has blessed a widow with such great perserverance and a cheerful giver...surely the Fongs have found favour in His eyes.=)...
While I was waiting for angie to meet us in aunt glenise's house, I went for a haircut with my grandma...she had a haircut too..and she paid for mine..so pai seh..need grandma to pay for me..but she insisted..so thanks grandma!!after the haircut, we went to the chinese herb shop and grandma bought some chinese herb to boil soup, it was said that this soup can prevent H1N1...WOW...!!!!
While crossing the road from the saloon to the shop, grandma spontaneously hold my hand and i hold hers back..I felt like crying because I have not hold that hand for such a long time..those rough and rigid hands that once raised 7 childern, those hands that fed me porridge, pat me to sleep, cover me with blanket..how long can I feel the rush of blood in those hands??
I'm afraid of lost..seriously I am..
Went back to aunt's house and went out to the balcony...then it started raining..i saw poeple rushing out to take in their clothes..all hurrying in their own pace..and there was this old man, so old that he is struggling to reach the clothes hung outside...for him, I prayed in my heart for the rain to stop, and it stopped.=)
the weather was damp and cooling..I listen closely to the chiterring of myanmar children next door and the slow dripping of raindrops..the rain has really stopped...I looked around loke yew area..people that came out to collect their clothes were mostly youngsters..some in school uniform..
I wonder...
Have they been reached??
have them in your prayers

Way to go..gal!!!

hearts ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment