Thursday, March 26, 2009

Palpable Restlessness

Studied till 3am yesterday night..err..this morning to be precise. Thanks to the half cup of coffee that helps to keep me awake.
The funny thing about myself is that my body can't take caffeine..No joke..If you hate me, treat me expresso, coffee, coca-cola, chinese tea or teh tarik..and I won't be able to sleep the whole night. If I drink a full cup of coffee, I'll stay awake till the next morning around 6am. Half cup of coffee..awake till 3am..*weird*X(
Anyway, I thought I got into the mood to study as I was studying with high spirit yesterday night. But when I tried to study this morning, I felt like a dead fish. Can't even remember or understand anything from the textbook.Haihz..kinda wasted my whole morning and afternoon.*sad*
Nothing much to blog about today.
Gave tuition in Grace's house and belanja Grace and Au yong McD. I had McChicken and they had McDeluxe. I like McD but I've been eating too mucn lately and my weight is gonna increase..*ARGHH*..When I put on my 3 quarter jeans just now, it felt tight!!!*super sad*..Have to exercise today..swimming??jogging??Badminton???..But I'll be too lazy to exercise..hahaha..
Since we are going to the old folks home this saturday, here are my opinion of some DOs & DONTs.
*I really hope all the youth will join in this trip as I believe we can all gain experience and learn through it*
Old Folk Home is very different from Orpahange. They are old pupil the age of your grandpa, grandma , even your great grandpa..So don't expect them to be active and responsive as the little children in Orphanage.
I would like to prepare your heart as we are there to not only visit but to care for them.
No point going there, then have fellowship within ourselves then go back, right???
The main objective for this visitation is to expose you guys to the environment and needs of the society.
Sooooo...SHOW THEM A LITTLE BIT OF YOUR LOVE AND CARE!!!!
How? very simple...just chat with them.ask them how are they, what are their favourite pass time..you can even share abit bout Jesus if you want. But when you sense rejection, please end the conversation ya!!
boy and girls who know how to play chinese chess or the normal chess, bring your chess set along and play with them..X)X)X).
If they need help to peel fruits or take something, help them.ok??XD I believe you guys will be very good helpers.
The visitation time is only 2 hours and I hope you all would cherish the time to have fellowship with the old folks..
DO
1)Always smile, be friendly and be nice
2)Time to step out from your comfort zone and show others your LOVE!!!
3)Be helpful at all times-help to clean, help to wash..
4)Chat with them..create conversation..take away their loneliness..*some are abandone by their children*
5)Take the opportunity to learn
6)Share bout Jesus..*slow and steady..don't say, you are dying, you'll go to hell if you don't believe in Jesus*..
7)Respect them like your own parents or grandparents no matter how they react.*some might be rude*
DON'T
1)If can, don't ask questions like "why your children put you here ar??they don't want you ar??"..If I know whoever ask these kind of sensitive questions..you'll get a tight slap from me!!!XO
2)Don't be shy shy lah...no point..opportunity for visitation like this don't always come..appreciate it!!!
3)Don't be too fired up to share the gospel until the old ppl get annoyed.
4)Walk around by yourself.
5)Get offended when they say something that hurt you.
Lastly, pray for this trip and ask for God's guidance!!
Can I get an AMEN from you???Cbox please.*drop an amen to let me know who read*
Please notify all youth to read this!!!
Thanks and see you on Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment