Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Whats the difference?

I was having a conversation with someone and in the midst of our conversation, he called a lady who was remarried to another married man a bitch.
I got a little uneasy and I ask him "who gave you any right to judge her?"
He defended himself saying that he was just throwing a comment rather than judging.
Then our conversation went into arguing what is the difference between a comment and a judgement.
He said that calling someone a fool and conclude someone as being useless or hopeless is nonetheless judging that person. Anything other than that are just comments.
I do not quite agree with that.
So, what exactly is the difference between the both?

I was having a drink with my brother at Pavilion and we are talking about adults and how they manage their finance.
There are some occurance that burdened me. Whenever I heard news like that, my heart turns sour and I keep thinking about ways to help them.
But, I have no capacity to help at all.
And this feeling sucks.
I know this is not my race and I can only pray for them.

It comforted me when I read this passage of the bible.
"For men are not cast off by the Lord forever.Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love."Lamentation 3:31-33
The best way is to remain in God and everything will fall back into place.

Too much weaknesses and too much disputes among the older ones.
As younger ones, we're in no position to judge, not even any space to give our comments.
A form of respect that should be shown to the elders and I learnt this the hard way.
Seeing what happen around me has taught me great lessons.
No one is perfect, not even our parents...so just celebrate the imperfection and make something good out of it.
Yet still...love suffices in the midst of all imperfection.
His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment