Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Christmas is here!!


Christmas is just around the corner...
Shopping centres are decorated with gigantic christmas trees, all hung with various type of ornaments and lightning that marks the celebration of joy and hope!!
Christmas has always been a joyous occasion for me..because it is the time for family gatherings and celebrations after celebrations..
My best memories are all during Christmas!!

When I was young, me and my brother will try to stay awake every year to wait for Santa Clause...we waited earnestly for many years until one fine year, I know the truth that Santa does not exist..=(
We will hang our christmas socks outside our bedroom door and the next morning, the minute we wake up, we'll grab the sock and reach deep down to see what was given by Santa..
We'll usually have money, sweets and chocolates and if we were lucky, we'll have mini toys..=D
Who is Santa?? My parents and my maid-Aunty Rose.
Every year, me and my brother will help to decorate our christmas tree at home..each year dad will buy new ornaments for the tree and presents accumulate each day until Christmas.
Sometimes, we'll write notes to Santa, telling him what we want and thank him for the presents..We'll put it inside an envelope and ask mummy to send it out for us..we ven buy stamps to stick on it.

During Christmas gathering at my grandma's place, the kids-me and my cousins have to perform before we can open the presents..
We'll sing and dance and act to impress the adults so that we can open the presents earlier..
Annually, we'll have turkey, roast pork, sherperd pies, toasted garlic bread and fresh fruit salad..I just miss Autny Jennie's roast pork!!!I hope we'll have it again ths year...*hoping and wishing*
Then there's church presentation and celebration..it'll always be busy busy busy...preparing for Christmas day..
To me, Christmas is the greatest day ever because a saviour is born to us, our one and only redeemer!!
And yes, I love Christmas carolling..where we go from one house to the other house, singing christmas carols until our throat blow off...getting treats at each house..seeing the owner of the house smiling and enjoying our singing..!!

This year,
No Santa Clause, no socks filled with presents, maybe not much presents *as I grow older, the presents became lesser*=(
But I'm looking forward to spend time with my family and my love ones..
And yes, I'll buy presents for my parents and my brother every year-never fail..coz I can't stand to see my house's Christmas tree empty at the bottom!!!lolz...
All I want this Christmas is a happy warm dinner with my family...and with Uncle Brian here, red wine is a must for celebration...=D

Jingle jingle jingle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment