Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

I spent the whole night reading "The Wedding" by Nicholas Sparks until 6 in the morning. The novel was very addictive and I was hooked to it without knowing how time flies.
When I read a good book, it's as though I was living the scene in the book and I could feel the emotions flowing in, my eyes are full of tears but they didn't flow out.
I find myself holding back my tears as I read from chapter to chapter, relating the characters in the novel to myself and Boon Chong.
The story was about Wilson and Jane (Noah & Allie's daughter-from the Notebook) whose marriage was 30 years and when their children moved out from the house, leaving only the both of them, Jane felt as though there wasn't any more love between them.
Wilson was an estate lawyer who spent most of his time in the office and often take Jane for granted, not because he doesn't love her anymore but he is a workaholic in nature and he believes about working hard to provide for the family.
When Wilson could no longer felt that same affection from Jane, he decided to court her wife all over again.
Highly recommended book if you're into love stories.=)
The next book I'm gonna buy is "The Guardian".

I was incharged of dinner tonight and it's my first time cooking chinese for my family and Boon Chong.
Pressure was on, and I was hoping that everything would be smooth.
Browsing through the rack of vegetables, the only one that caught my eyes was the dark purple eggplant that was so outstanding among the other green vegetable. So I grabbed 2 eggplants and some long beans, dumbed it into my cart and went to buy taufu and mushrooms.

The bill came out to RM49.50 and I was just astonished at how costly a simple meal could cost.
When I reached home, I wasted no time and started preparing dinner when it was 4pm.
I took my own sweet time, washing the vegetable, peeling off the potatoes, slicing the mushrooms....and enjoyed the smell of each ingredient I bought.
I boilt the soup first, putting all the mushrooms and fish cake into it, next came the seaweed and taufu...yummy.
Next was seasoning the Salmon.
Then it was the cheese and the chillies...

I prepared everything by 5.30pm and took a short nap with both my hands smelling with strong pungent garlic.
Next thing I know, it was 6.30pm and it's time to cook!
I did the minced beef with potatoes, cherry tomatoes and cheese first, followed by baking the salmon. While the salmon was in the oven, I fried the eggplants and long beans with Belacan, garlic, cili padi and fish paste sauce.
Next was eggs with chinese sausage and lastly, I heated up the soup I made earlier on.

When dinner was served, I was the first one who digged in and tried each and every dish, making sure it was edible.
Well, it turned out that all the dishes were good.=)
Dinner was filled with chit chats about Tioman trip, I could see that everyone, including BC is looking forward for the trip and finally some time away from the busy KL.
I was the most pleased one at the table, proud to have compliments about my dishes, although mummy said my vegetable dish wasn't up to her standard.
What I was amazed is how pleased mummy was to see food on the table when she's back.I should help out more in the kitchen because I know she must be very tired having to do dinner even after the long hours at work.
Time for me to take over every now and then.

After dinner, I submerged myself into Bc's chest and watched TV together.
He lingered around until 9pm and headed home.
I missed him already when he was wearing his shoes and was about to leave.
Wanted to tell him that I think he looks amazing today with his working shirt.

I spent most of my time in the kitchen today.
Cooking is not really my favourite but when you see people enjoying your cooking, I think that is when you wanna cook more...just to see the smiles and satisfaction on people whom you love.



No comments:

Post a Comment